We celebrated our 1st anniversary last weekend b/c the weekend before we run the half marathon. Bry surprised me and we went down to Park City for a night. We went on a bike ride around the city, ate at a delicious restaurant, window shopped and tried on some fancy coats (Bry's kind of reminds us of dumb and dumber), and went down the alpine slides. The next day we went on a little mountain bike ride.



Some memories of our first year of marriage:
Him singing "once in love with Amy" to me (apparently an old musical song that a cute old man in our ward brought over b/c my name is Amy) in a random make-up tune.
Laughing hysterically often and for no reason
Going to rent a "24" episode more than once in the middle of the night because we're hooked
evening bike rides
learning that Bry is an awesome cook
learning that I actually like cooking because I have a husband that loves food and appreciates it so much
bonding on our marathon training runs
teaching me how to fly fish and play catch
seeing who can make the wierdest faces or voices (yes we're immature)
Watching him try to do Taebo
Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. I am so excited for the many years to come. I have started realizing lately how I really need to live in the moment and appreciate the now. Sometimes we get caught up in thinking how exciting it will be once we move to a different place and he gets in dental school. Utah is such a fun and beautiful place. I know that we will miss it when we leave (but probably not the freezing cold 6 month winters).
*sadly we did not save our wedding cake to eat on our one year anniversary. Bry got sad about it when he was looking through our wedding book this morning.
3 comments:
I know the topper of the wedding cake is supposed to be tradition, but honestly it's not that good after a year. Austin and I took one bite and gave the rest to my brother-in-laws who will eat anything lol. Happy Anniversary!
YAY! Congrats! You two are so cute! We ate our cake 2 months after our wedding! I was sick of seeing it in the freezer! luv ya!
Ya the time flies by fast. And if Bryan wants to eat the topper of our cake he can! It is still in my parents freezer! :)
Post a Comment