Pages

9/30/09

you better believe it

As I was waiting in line to get my flu shot, the couple in front of me were both amazed at how they didn't feel it at all and there was no blood. This comforted me a little, but still felt a little like this:I kept my composure of course, being 22 and a nursing student. And then the flu shot man poked me. I definitely felt it, I wasn't crying with pain, but it was noticeable, and there was blood.

Flu shot man: Most people don't bleed. The ones that do usually work out.
Me: great
Flu shot man: (pause) So, do you work out?
Me: (feeling like I was just fed a pick up line) I sure do!

I left feeling rather good. I never seem to notice a difference in my arms, but at least I have more vascular muscles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture! That is how I feel when I donate blood. See you Friday.

Lyndsey said...

good story aims. i love you. and i love that you were crying:)

ps i loved your last post! I'm so jealous!