Pages

12/12/09

Life is good


I love everything about Christmas: children's christmas books, christmas tree, baked goods, and the overall feeling of giving. I love the beautiful lights (FYI don't waste your time on Thanksgiving point's lights). I love blasting christmas music- it brings instant joy and reminiscence. I love walking outside and there is a beautiful blanket of white. I never thought I would appreciate the snow again after the atrocious winter last year, but it adds to the wonderful christmas feeling. I love spending time with family, and I especially love to be reminded of the birth and sacrifices of our Savior.
Thanksgiving was wild, but so much fun. There were 25 of us in one house, and I'm not sure how we all ended up with somewhere to sleep. We had an awesome family fun run, at A LOT because grandma was cooking like crazy the whole time, took some family pictures, played the traditional chimes, played Nerts, and just had fun hanging out.

I can't wait to spend Christmas with the Clevengers! Then, we'll be going to Tahoe for a few days after Christmas.

Oh and I have a new obsession- I can't turn down anything with mint and chocolate: mint chocolate chip ice cream, mint hot chocolate, peppermint patties, you name it. But, I just discovered mint M&Ms- so YUMMY!

4 comments:

Kara said...

mint m&ms are by far one of my favorites! i just got some the other day because i was craving them! so so good

:Brittany: said...

Amy! I've been obsessed with mint too! I'm making regular chocolate cookies and then 1 min before they come out I place an Andies mint on top and let it melt!! (And then I spread the mint around when I pull the cookies out!!) Oh Amy! Its sooo good!!! Have a great Christmas!

Amy said...

brittany I remember making those when were little and I was obsessed with them. I should make them again!

Sarah Preston said...

I love your new picture at the top, and I love winter too!