Pages

2/2/14

Jane is one

My heart is aching right now at the realization that the large part of Jane's babyhood is gone.  I want to enjoy and experience every giggle, funky bear crawl, wave, hand clap, expression of pure, innocent joy and love, and even the heart wrenching cries.  At the same time, as she ages I feel urgency to capture all of it so I can remember it forever.  I am tearing up right now as I look at these pictures of my baby who is turning into a little woman.  She is a beautiful little girl both inside and out.   I love when she breaks out in a round of applause when daddy comes home.   She adores her older brother and follows him around everyone.  When we tuck them in at night, she stands at the edge and jabbers and giggles at McKay.  He usually tells her, "Its time to rest Jane, lay down and go to sleep."  She starts crying once her brother falls asleep.  They also like to tag team and empty all the wipes, unload the kitchen cupboards, and sort through the contents of my diaper bag.  Jane is obsessed with balls.  I throw a ball and she fetches it and then laughs hysterically and attempts to throw it back to me.   I love her 6 little teeth and her silly grin.  When Bryan or I walk down the stairs, she waves and says "hi!" in the cutest little voice.  This was her first word.  She also says "mama" and "dada."  She likes to point one little finger when she wants something.  She plays a little game with dad where they touch fingers.  Her high fives and little baby kisses, where she slobbers all over my face, are the best.  This year has flown by.  I love everything about my little jane and am so fortunate to be her mom. 







When we took these pics at the palace of fine arts, I sang the song about monkeys swinging in the tree. Lots of people passing by snapped pictures of her.  One lady even jumped in front of my mom and took like 20 pictures!  We finally had to move locations because she was getting a little creepy.  It was so fun to have my mom, dad, and Kylie in town for Jane's birthday.  We did our traditional donut, Boudines, golden gate park, duck feeding walk.  It was such a fun day.  

No comments: