Pages

12/7/14

Santa

Last year, for Christmas all McKay wanted was a 99 cent pair of gloves.  This year, he wants a lantern. We went camping for the ward campout a few months ago and McKay's friend had a little lantern.  He has talked about it a few times since then.  We saw santa at Macy's the other day and he told him he wanted a lantern for Christmas.

Santa: "Do you want anything else"
McKay: "Nope that's good"

They had a nice little chat about cookies, then it was Jane's turn...


And all smiles after!


Night clinic for daddy this week= gingerbread house making fun


 Get to open a Christmas book each day.  

Reading Christmas stories about Jesus with daddy

McKay's conversation with Santa got me thinking about  Christmas and how commercialized it is.  The parties and gifts are so fun.  I'll admit I get so excited about gifts for the kids, christmas activities, food, and parties.   However I love that all he wants is a lantern.   I love the symbolism of a lantern/light and the savior, who is the whole meaning of christmas.  This year I put an advent calendar in the kids room with scriptures about Jesus for each day.  My kids have loved this tradition.  McKay loves pretending to read along as we read about Jesus.  A couple friends also challenged us to read the book of mormon in two months (Novemeber/December).   Both of these things have made this season really special for me.  I know Jesus Christ is my savior and am grateful for the opportunity to teach my children about Christ and Christmas.


No comments: