Don't Worry guys, I can now save your life. After taking a 5 hour course with no break, I have now performed CPR on a mannequin a gazillion times. Does this mean I will be able to perform it on a real person in a stressful situation? I sure hope so. I just hope I don't catch a disease from performing mouth to mouth on the mannequin.
My first few weeks at Ameritech nursing school have been great. Most of my teachers are very educated and very passionate about nursing. It's also very refreshing to attend Ameritech because it is a lot different from the "bubble" at BYU. I feel a little intimidated though because most of the people in my class have been working as CNAs for many years. I've heard you can get your CNA liscence in a week, so even though its tough work, I kind of want to do that so I can have the experience before I work as an RN. I guess it'll make me appreciate it even more when I am a nurse. I have been kind of nervous because Ameritech's nursing program is newer and I've heard rumors that I could have a harder time finding a job, but I just talked to my friend's mom and she graduated from Ameritech last June. She said that I would have no problem finding a job and that she is making $35 an hour with just her associates from ameritech. So, there you go! Its pretty cool because there are people of all ages in my class (even a grandma!) who have wanted to be nurses since they were little and finally have an opportunity. So if anyone has had a lifelong dream of being a nurse, here is your chance!
3 comments:
Good job amy! You re going to be the best nurse. I am so proud of you. You are such a hard worker.
We are so proud of you. You are going to be a wonderful nurse. Your blog is great. We are excited to see you at Disneyland.
Amy, You are amazing! I am so proud of you. I know that you will be a great nurse.
Post a Comment