
I love school supplies. When I was younger, my favorite game was to play school. My sisters and I would argue over who's turn it was to be the teacher and then we would spend hours setting up, making copies and lesson plans, coloring, assigning homework, giving each other personal responsibility points (what you get when you are misbehaving. If you get enough you can't go on the class field trip at the end of the month.) As my husband thinks is weird and my mom can attest, I have always loved school. Maybe its because my mom is a teacher, but there is something weirdly invigorating about picking out the perfect planner, binder, notebook, dividers, you name it. I love organizing my supplies and filling in my brand new planner. Is that weird? Am I going into the wrong profession?
2 comments:
I totally agree with you! There is just something about a new box of crayons, a new pack of pencils, & all the rest. One of my FAVORITE things to this day is a brand new, blank notebook. I love having one around! Now that I've been out of school for over two years, I find I miss it!
You are not weird! We loved playing school too as young kids. I find that even though I wanted to be a teacher growing up... I found a different path that I enjoy more, which turns out to involve a lot of teaching. Funny as it is, I am teaching people about oral care, and giving them "homework" to work on their flossing. Funny how it works out. Someday, when your a mom you will have plenty of time to play teacher with your kids. School supplies and organizing is definitely fun though!!!
Post a Comment