It's ironic that my husband, who will never be caught dead writing on our blog or admit to secretly liking when I show him other blogs, is always the one to remind me when it is time to update. Its true though, I could definitely improve my current habit of updating less than once a month. It gets to the point where I don't even know where to start because there are so many things that have happened. Because of my love for lists, I will use this to express my loves of the day/past month.
1. I love lazy Saturdays- Bryan promised me he wouldn't study today, and it was so wonderful to sleep in, watch a 24 episode, make breakfast, go to Costco and run errands, clean, swim, and go to Red Robin and a movie, which leads to my next love... I was grateful for an Amy and Bryan day. I need to take advantage, because we probably won't have too many of these in dental school.
2. I loved Alice and Wonderland!- That movie definitely creeped me out when I was younger, but the current one is very well done with fantastic makeup and costumes. Johnny Depp was amazing as always. It was wierd, but that is expected. Its a while away, but maybe I will be Alice for Halloween this year and I can convince Bry to be the Mad Hatter. Do you think he will go for it?

3. I love swimming- Bry and I both swam a mile today and it felt great. We are training for our
first Triathlon which is in a few weeks. Bry is taking a swimming class this semester and has shown some huge improvement in the last few months. I'm a little more comfortable in the pool that he is, but he rocks the bike. Gotta love the stretchy pants.

3. I love being done with school- It feels so good to not having constant worry about stresses of upcoming tests, ect. Its like a huge brick was lifted off my shoulders. Even though its been a few weeks it still hasn't quite sunk in.
4. I love having a job- It feels so good to be making money and to be helping cute old people. It is also a weird thing that people who have worked at the care center for several years are already asking me for advice on my first day on the job, despite the fact that they know it is pretty much my first job in healthcare. Throughout clinicals I practiced being a nurse, but always under the authority of another RN. I feel somewhat inadequate, but relieved that my nursing judgment is respected.
5. I love that Bryan had an Interview at Western University of Dental Medicine in Pamona a few weeks ago. We find out next week sometime if he is accepted into the school. We are praying that it will work out. It was so fun to LA for the weekend. I am obsessed with the weather down there. In Bryan's daily internet routine includes: email, ESPN, and weather in Pamona. I don't know why, the weather down there is pretty much always the same....perfect.
6. I love that I was able to go to New York on a girls trip right after I graduated. It was so fun to see the sights, shop, eat some yummy food, go to Mary Poppins on Broadway, and catch up with my awesome girl friends that I hadn't seen in a while. Photographer Christa took way more pics than I did, but here are a few that I took.

This turned out kind of a long post, but I am so grateful for a wonderful husband and for a place to live. I am also grateful things that after a stressful 1 1/2 years, things are starting to feel like they are working out. Heavenly Father tries us with patience, and I am grateful for that. I know that everything will work out how it is supposed to.
3 comments:
So glad life is treating you well! We need to hang out more!
Hey Amy! I loved your post. It felt like you were living. I know you have been so bogged down with school. I am so happy for you. What a fun amy and Bryan Day! We saw Alice in Wonderland. I'm with you I thought it was weird but I enjoyed it. Fun Movie! I would love to see Bryan as the "Hatter".
We miss you guys! We are rooting for LA also. Closer then Utah that is for sure! Let me know when you hear.
Post a Comment