Pages

5/19/10

The Beautiful Antelope Valley

Lets just say I'm not very good at this whole blogging thing. I'm lucky if I get one post a month. But my lovely sister is bugging me to update, so here it goes...


Lancaster is..... WINDY! and thats an understatement. One of the only interesting things we found to do in this city was go to the Antelope Valley festival of poppies. So of course we did that the second day we were here. Sadly, my camera was dead, but we went on a hike and it was pretty for being in the middle of the dessert.






Bryan is selling up a storm. He is doing very well, but I'm not suprised. Who wouldn't say no to killing bugs from this guy?






We went to Fresno a couple of weekends ago and went to the lake.
I sure love going to the lake. I love basking in the sun and spending time with the family. Its so relaxing and peaceful.
I ended up staying in Fresno for a week, because I am currently unemployed and am waiting till we find out for sure about a masters program Bry may be attending to seriously look for a job. It was a fairly productive week: I got ACLS certified, went to lunch with mom and sisters, was able to hang out with some great friends, saw Letters to Juliet (which was was cute), made a few Target and Ann Taylor Loft trips (Van Wagie favorites!), laid out by the pool and read the Guernsey LIterary and Potato Peel Pie society (which I highly recommend). It was a great week, but towards the end I was really missing this guy:



I look like I'm trying to be super man in this picture. We took it when we were dating and were having a photo competition with our great friends, Tony and Lyndsey. I don't think this was our award winning photo, but it makes me laugh.







The pregnancy is going well, I'm just waiting for these two things to be over...



Hopefully in the next few weeks







And I'm excited: we are going to the LA temple and Santa Monica boardwalk for my birthday this weekend. Anyone know of good restaurants over there?


4 comments:

Kerri said...

The pumpkin picture is the best. Made me laugh out loud! So sorry you are not feeling well, I know your pain!! I promise it is all so worth it, but you already know that! Love you guys!

Lyndsey said...

Fun!! I want your life! I'm so jealous with a capitol "J"! That was my favorite of all of the photos in our little competition. Love you Aims! I hope you stop upchucking soon! I'll call you asap if you don't mind:)

Kendra said...

Amy! Being a Santa Monican, Jared and I have tried out many of SM's CHEAPER dining options. I could list a bunch of GREAT ghetto places, but if you're wanting something more up-class try C&O Trattoria [you'll love the garlic balls!], Versailles [Cuban], The Counter [gourmet hamburgers - a bit pricey for a patty but good] or El Cholo [mexican]. And I'll stop there

~Jolynn said...

Amy,
Sounds like life in CA is treating you great. I sure miss you up here in SL, especially on Sunday's in YW's. Take Care and hopefully you'll start to feel good being prego and all!!!