If you know anything about the Van Wagenen family, you know that we like our cookies. If you ever stopped by on a Sunday there would for sure be cookies in the house.
I carried on this Sunday cookie making tradition. When I was pregnant and sick I couldn't handle making cookies so my husband knew that he would have to step up to the plate if Sunday cookies were to be made.
Last night I needed a sweet treat. I am experimenting not eating dairy because of my son's gastrointestinal issues. Of course, ice cream was the only treat in the house. I was craving cookies, more specifically cookie dough (that is my weak point).
After eating a delicious milkshake, watching his wife drool over it, and listening to her mention how much she wanted cookie dough, my husband whipped up a fantastic batch of double chocolate chip cookies.
My oh my they were delicious. My husband has far surpassed any baking abilities I thought I may have had. I love that man.
Here are some old pictures of him baking up a storm. I believe the cookies pictured below are oatmeal chocolate chip cookies or Van Wag cookies as they have come to be called.

3 comments:
Oh man, I just got a craving!! I'm loving Bryan's intensity...he is such a natural, it's like he doesn't even know the camera is there! haha :) Love you guys!
Those cookies were amazing. I had no idea that Bryan made them! I am so impressed:)
made those famous van wag cookies just last night! i may or may not have had like 5 today... whoops.
Post a Comment